Commercial grass-cutting robots are equipped with a rain sensor that controls and stops the robot in the event of rain. The garage for robot lawnmower and the covers of the charging stations cover the rain sensor during charging and the rain sensor becomes insensitive in the event of rain.
The “rain sensor module” is a particularly perforated aluminium composite plate that can be glued into the upper part of the garage for robot lawnmower.
With an easy and simple installation it allows the drops of water to enter from the roof and fall on the rain sensor which perceives the real external conditions (rain) and prevents the unwanted exit of the lawnmower robot.
The rain sensor module is compatible with many models and robot brands.
Mounting the rain sensor module
The rain sensor module is not mounted by the manufacturer Idea Mower Garage because:
- each lawn trimmer robot is built with the rain sensor positioned in different places on its chassis;
- The customer can place the charging station and thus the robot in the garage at the most suitable location for him;
- it is impossible to determine a correct position on the roof of the “rain sensor module.
How to mount The Rain Sensor Module
- Place the “Rain Sensor Module” on the vertical of the rain sensor of the robot. (Figure 1)
- Secure the “module” in the correct position with adhesive tape.
- Use an electric drill with a 0.3mm or 0.5mm drill bit. (depends on the size of the rain sensor).
- Initially drill a hole in the roof from the existing holes in the “rain sensor module”. (Figure 2)
- Remove the adhesive tape and glue the “Rain Sensor Module” with the glue provided in the correct previously determined position. Attention: the glue is quick to dry.
- Check that there is sufficient water entering the hole to sensitize the robot’s rain sensor. If this is not enough, you can increase the number of holes on the roof or increase the diameter of the holes from 0.3mm to 0.8mm in diameter.
The following video shows the operation applied to a Jolly garage[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUg4meSQDhE[/embedyt]